Grammy Award-winning singer Chaka Khan and her sister checked into rehab to battle a prescription drug addiction. In a statement issued to The Associated Press the singer said the death of her good friend Prince prompted her to get help. Prince died April 21 from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a powerful opioid painkiller.
“Unfortunately, I will miss concert appearances over the summer,” she said. “However, it’s vital that I put my health and well-being first. I know that I am disappointing some of my fans, but I also know they would want me to recover and be well and healthy.”
The singer’s rep said the singer will resume recording mid-July and return to touring by August 1. The singer decided to embark on this journey with her sister so the two could support one another in their recovery.
“The tragic death of Prince has had us both rethinking and reevaluating our lives and priorities. We knew it was time to take action to save our lives. My sister and I would like to thank everyone for their support, love and prayers.”
For more on this story, continue reading here.
Follow Me: Twitter
Robin is a digital content creator and has worked in the digital space for nearly ten years. "Robinrazzi" is a nickname given from a former colleague and is a perfect integration of her name and one of her greatest hobbies of having a camera in hand to capture once in a lifetime moments like paparazzi. She has traveled the world covering entertainment, celebrities, events and anything trending. She holds a BA in communications from Penn State and MS in marketing from Johns Hopkins University. She currently serves as Digital Content Coordinator for WHUR.