Teen Dies After Drinking Too Much Caffeine

16-year-old David Cripe of Richland, South Carolina died after ingesting too much caffeine in a short amount of time. The county coroner said the teen had a Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink on April 26 before he collapsed at Spring Hill High School. He concluded the final cause of death was due to a caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia.

Cripe’s parents said their son was relatively healthy and didn’t experiment with drugs or alcohol. The teen’s father hopes his son’s death will spark parents to talk to their kids about consuming energy drinks.

We send our deepest condolences to the family and friends of David Cripe.

@Robinrazzi


Follow Me:

Robin is a digital content creator and has worked in the digital space for nearly ten years. “Robinrazzi” is a nickname given from a former colleague and is a perfect integration of her name and one of her greatest hobbies of having a camera in hand to capture once in a lifetime moments like paparazzi. She has traveled the world covering entertainment, celebrities, events and anything trending. She holds a BA in communications from Penn State and MS in marketing from Johns Hopkins University. She currently serves as Digital Content Manager for WHUR and the Howard University Radio Network.

Stay Connected:

Comments Welcome