- Tonight join our very own Angela Stribling, host of Pillow Talk tonight at Sobe Restaurant and Lounge for “Game Night”. Doors open at 7pm and the fun and games begin at 8pm.
- On Saturday, join our very own Stretch Garrett from Noon – 7pm at the Prince George’s Baysox Stadium and Relax, Dine and Un-Wine with great food, wine and features entertainment by Tweet, Jeff Bradshaw and Michael Phillips.
- Celebrate the end of Summer at The Sound of Family Fun Day & Festival this Saturday from 12noon -4pm in Anacostia. A day of fun, food and featuring entertainment by Be’la Dona and more. Location: 2241 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE
- Mayor Muriel Bower’s 202Creates, Closing Celebration is this Saturday from 6pm – 10pm at Busboys & Poets in Anacostia. Location: 2004 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE Washington DC. 20020. Admission is free
- August Wilsons Pulitzer Prize Winning Play “Fences”opens tomorrow night at the Ford’s Theatre and runs through October 27th. More information here:
- Lori Williams, performs at City Winery Doors open at 6pm and the show kicks off at 8pm.
- August Wilson’s award winning production of “Jitney”is at Arena Stageand running through October 20th.
- TheWolly Mammoth Theatre presents the stage play “Fairview”, running through October 6th. Features recent Howard Graduate, Chinna Palmer.
- The Tony Award Winning Musical “Cats”is playing at The Kennedy Center through Oct. 6th. More information here:
Tune in to Taking it to the Streets, weekday mornings at 6:15, 7:08 and 8:40 on the Steve Harvey Morning Show on 96.3 WHUR.
Follow me on Facebook and twitter at @bobbygailes for updates and to stay connected.
Listen to this mornings segment here: