Keeping families in the DMV fed during one of the most challenging times in our history. The Capital Area Food Bank has been answering the call to address hunger and they have a new partner to keep their mission going strong. My guests are Radha Muthiah – President of the Capital Area Food Bank and Lisa Dewey – DLA Piper Pro Bono Partner
The Capital Area Food Bank turned to DLA Piper. Drawing upon their policy expertise, the DLA Piper team is helping Capital Area Food Bank adapt by:
- Providing advice on navigating pandemic-related legal challenges posed rapidly changing circumstances
- Analyzing Capital’s contract with the Washington, DC local government for the procurement of emergency food supplies
- Developing waivers for COVID-19 volunteers to enable operational continuity and protect against liability risks
- Supporting Capital Area Food Bank’s Payroll Protection Act application to secure staff wages and benefits
- Participating in the food bank’s annual legal community fundraising campaign as a leading supporter
This partnership will ensure that hundreds of thousands of Washingtonians are able to feed themselves and their families through this unprecedent period. It also provides an effective model for other food banks nationwide that are navigating similar issue
Tune in to Taking it to the Streets, weekday mornings at 6:15, 7:08 and 8:40 on the Steve Harvey Morning Show on 96.3 WHUR.
Follow me on facebook and twitter at @bobbygailes for updates and to stay connected.
Listen to this mornings segment here: